Questions about this privacy statement
If you have questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, the privacy practices of DENTSPLY SIRONA, or if you would like us to update the information or preferences you have provided, please contact us by email: email@example.com
with “FAO: Data protection officer” in the subject heading.
and use the information on the "Contact" page
Telephone: +1 717-845-7511 Types of personal data that we process:
1. The kind of information we may have about you includes:
a) Contact information (such as name, postal or email address and telephone number).
b) Professional contact information (such as position, department and name of the organisation).
c) Professional information (such as experience with DENTSPLY SIRONA products or services).
d) Payment details (including the number and expiration date of payment cards and billing address).
e) Shipping information (including shipping address, dental distributor and telephone number).
f) The username and password for the account that you can establish on our website.
g) Content (such as photographs and comments, for example).
h) Information that you choose to provide in connection with a job application (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity, for example).
i) Information about you, your physical condition or your health that may be provided by your health service providers to allow us to manufacture products for you.
j) Information generated by us in the course of managing our relationship with you, such as a history of our interactions with you, your purchases with us and information about your use of our products, for example.
k) Other information (such as, for example, demographic and behaviour data and purchasing preferences).
In the European Union (EU), "personal data" has a very broad definition and includes any information relating to a natural person that can be identified, directly or indirectly, by means of the data that we hold about them or through data that are combined with other information. It may include data relating to our employees, customers, patients, shareholders, contractors or the staff of our suppliers, visitors to our buildings or website users.
Purposes for which we process personal data
2. DENTSPLY SIRONA needs to process a certain amount of personal data about you for different purposes. DENTSPLY SIRONA shall only process your personal data in accordance with the applicable legislation. Some of the purposes for which it shall process them will be:
a) To manage our business relationship with you
, for example: (i) to process your transaction, (ii) manage and maintain your account with us, (iii) answer your questions and comments and provide customer service, (iv) create a Dentsply Sirona loyalty programme account, (v) assign a Regional Sales Manager or equivalent to be your specific account manager.
b) For marketing, advertising and public relations
, for example: (i) to promote our company and our products to you, (ii) provide you with information you have requested about our company, our products and our services, (iii) provide you with information or samples of our product range for marketing purposes, (iv) contact you by email, telephone or post, (v) personalise your experience on our website by providing content that is relevant to your interests and geographic region.
c) For maintenance and statistics, for example:
(i) to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the website and collect general statistical data, (ii) update and maintain our website.
d) For personnel selection purposes
, for example: (i) to evaluate your interest in the position and contact you regarding any vacancies in DENTSPLY SIRONA, (ii) process your request, monitor personnel selection statistics and comply with the official communication requirements.
e) To ensure regulatory compliance
f) For research and product development
, for example, we can use information about your user experience with our products to improve our products.Legal basis for processing personal data
3. The EU data protection law requires us to have a legal basis before processing personal data about you. The legal basis for processing your personal data for the above purposes may be because: (i) you have given your consent, (ii) it is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, (iii) the processing is necessary for us to fulfil a legal obligation, or (iv) the processing responds to our legitimate interests to operate and promote our business [B2].
4. To the extent established by current legislation, you can revoke any consent you have previously granted us or oppose at any time, for legitimate reasons, the processing of your personal data. In some cases, the revocation of your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal data by DENTSPLY SIRONA will imply that you cannot use certain DENTSPLY SIRONA products or services.
Disclosure of information related to data subjects
5. We intend to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data, in accordance with our legal obligations. We do not sell, rent, market or disclose this information to third parties, except as described in this Privacy Statement, for the purposes described above, or in the manner indicated at the time data is collected. We may disclose your personal data in accordance with the current law and when permitted by the current law:
o to our subsidiaries, branches or associated offices;
o to fulfil our legal obligations, e.g., when we are required to disclose certain information to tax authorities;
o to protect the security and integrity of our company, including our databases and systems;
o to any of our service providers, suppliers or outsourced distributors to facilitate the provision of services or goods contracted or to provide extended services to our customers and website visitors, for example, to outsource the processing of certain interactive features of the website, manage email services, run special promotions and manage any loyalty points programmes;
o for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, modification of legal form, dissolution or similar circumstance; and
o to any other third party when you have given your consent.Security measures used to protect personal data
6. DENTSPLY SIRONA will take appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to protect and secure any information you provide to us.
International transfer of personal data
7. We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party in countries outside the country in which it was originally collected in order to be processed successively in accordance with the purposes set forth in section 1 above. In particular, your personal data may be transferred throughout the DENTSPLY SIRONA group. In these circumstances, as required by current legislation, we will ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected through organisational, technical, contractual and/or other lawful means. Under current legislation, you may be entitled to receive a copy of the protection measures we have in place to protect your personal data and privacy rights; contact the Data Protection Officer for more information on how to exercise this right.
Conservation of personal data
8. Your personal data will be kept for the duration of our business relationship and during the subsequent period required by current local legislation or if we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to keep them.
9. DENTSPLY SIRONA will keep the employment application documents of unsuccessful candidates for a reasonable period of time after the application process so that we can contact you if another suitable position arises or to fulfil our legal obligations.
Rights of the data subject
10. Data protection laws frequently offer individuals a large number of rights, including the right to: access, rectify, erase and limit their personal data, and oppose their processing. Individuals also have the right to file a complaint with the local data protection authority if they consider that their personal data are not being processed in accordance with the current data protection legislation. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Dentsply Sirona's privacy office at firstname.lastname@example.org. To help us respond to such requests in a timely manner, include the phrase "Privacy rights request" in the title of your message.
11. Data subjects may be authorised by law to request copies of their personal data. This is known as a Subject Access Request, or SAR
12. If you wish to make a SAR, for example, to request copies of personal data that we hold about you, you can do so by writing to the Data Protection Officer, whose details are above. The request must make it clear that it is for an SAR. We may ask you to prove your identity if it is not clear.
13. Responding to a SAR may take a while. Dentsply Sirona can obtain the information you need more quickly if you are as specific as possible in your request. For example, "I would like to obtain a copy of my personal information contained in my website member account file", or if you would like a copy of a particular document, it would be useful to thoroughly describe the document, including title, date of creation, the author and the location where it is likely to be stored. This will help us respond to your SAR as soon as possible. We may ask for more details if you have not provided enough information.Public areas
14. This website may contain chat rooms, message boards, and/or news groups which are available to its users at certain times. Remember that, unless otherwise indicated, all information disclosed in these areas is in the public domain and you must act with caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas. Do not use these areas to post personal information about third parties or discuss specific, identifiable patient information.Links to other web pages
16. We may revise or update this Privacy Statement at any time and at our sole discretion. The date of the latest update will be indicated at the top of this Privacy Statement. All changes take effect as soon as they are published and are valid for all accesses to the website and all uses thereof from that time.